Is Cloudways a better host? Does hosting websites on Cloudways worth it? Is Cloudways a better option? Are you looking for a Cloudways Review? This blog post is all about it. I’ll be covering a completely honest review of Cloudways hosting covering the pros and cons of it to help you in choosing a better hosting for your website. Before we jump into the review, let’s have a look at what is Cloudways?
What is Cloudways?
Cloudways is a managed website hosting provider known for its exceptional performance, stability, reliability, and simplicity. It allows you to launch the server and application from its dashboard and leave everything else from managing the application to server maintenance hassle-free to the experts of Cloudways so that you can focus on the growth of your business.
Why Cloudways is a better choice?
Cloudways comes an handy choice for those who prefer cost over their time. Cloudways offers you a great collection of powerful tools and services for every need of a website- from a simple static website to an ecommerce store and business blog.
The main reason why you should choose Cloudways as your next web hosting platform is the options provided by them. It allows you to choose the hosting server from five major IaaS provides- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, DigitalOcean, Linode, and Vultr respectively. It offers the you to choose from their multiple versions of some of the most popular applications like WordPress & Magento. Cloudways allow their users to configure the application according to their requirements.
Configuration of all servers and applications hosted on Cloudways can be easily accessed from a single dashboard throughout the Platform.
From my perspectives, Cloudways is an on-the-go solution perfect for every business need, whether you are going to host an online store or multiple client websites.
- Superfast load times.
- Multiple Options for Infrastructure.
- Simple and user-friendly dashboard.
- Hassle-Free hosting experience.
- Budget Managed Hosting.
- Excellent Support.
- Flexible Pricing Plans.
- Easily Scalable Server Hosting.
- Don’t provide email hosting
- No free domains available
- Don’t include CDN.
Why you should choose Cloud Hosting?
Cloud Hosting is popular for several reasons. It is different from traditional hosting because it allows the use of multiple servers for your website, which increases the reliability and built-in redundancy of the Infrastructure. If any particular server is facing any problem, it is quickly replaced by another server with the same data, which helps in keeping the downtime as low as possible and avoiding bottlenecks and data loss during the downtime. Cloud hosting also offers easy scalability. This allows us to keep our website running even on more traffic than usual.
Why Cloudways is Perfect for your website?
Now that you know a little about Cloudways and Cloud Hosting, a question that will strike your mind, why doesn’t everyone opt for this option? If you did got this question, let’s jump into the answers.
As you might know, getting a cloud hosting set up with optimal performance is not an easy task, and most of the time the pricing of these services is quite confusing as well because most of the time, Cloud Infrastructure providers charges you on an hourly basis. That’s when Cloudways come to the rescue.
Cloudways allows you to easily set up cloud hosting on your chosen cloud infrastructure with ease. The rest of the things are managed by Cloudways. Furthermore, Cloudways offers a transparent pricing plan to its users.
The following review on Cloudways will help you to decide and make the decision whether Cloudways is a better choice for your website or not.
Cloudways Pricing & Cloud Hosting Plans
Like the major hosting providers, Cloudways doesn’t offer any kind of tiered hosting plans, eg. Shared Hosting, Cloud VPS, Dedicated Servers. It offers several pre-designed, general-use hosting plans with the predefined allocation of resources such as. RAM, CPU, Bandwidth, and Storage.
You will be given a list of options of cloud provider whose infrastructure you want to use, which includes: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, DigitalOcean, Linode, and Vultr respectively.
Cloudways pricing plans start at $10/month for DigitalOcean General Droplet and it goes up to $1000/month for Enterprises Hosting. As this is only the expected pricing, this may vary based on your actual level of usage and infrastructure provider.
Cloudways works on a pay-as-you-go model, which means you don’t have any kind of lengthy contracts. It also allows you to deposit funds into your Cloudways account for future billings. Cloudways accepts payments via Credit Card or Paypal.
As Cloudways offers a pay-as-you-go model, it does not have any kind of money-back guarantee or refund policy once you’ve already used the services. Although, you can use the 3-days trial period to test the platform for your need (No Credit Card required).
Cloudways Server Locations
- San Francisco
- New York
Google Cloud Platform
- Las Vegas
- Hong kong
- Sao Paulo
- Silicon Valley
- Los Angeles
- New York (NJ)
Amazon Web Services
- US N.Virginia
- Hong Kong
- Sao Paulo
- Cape Town
Cloudways Review – Features
Cloudways offers a loads of features to power-up your website hassle-free. There’re wide variety of customizations available on Cloudways to fit the different needs of each clients, but most of the are same across the all hosting packages offered by Cloudways.
Some of the major features on Cloudways includes:
- Dedicated Environments: Cloudways provides dedicated resources to each of its managed servers, which allows your website to perform better as compared to the Shared Hosting websites.
- Dedicated IP Address: One of the most important features provided by Cloudways. Every server managed by Cloudways has its own IP address.
- All SSD Servers: All servers managed by Cloudways runs on the faster Solid-State drives, which eventually allows the servers to read data much faster than Traditional Hosting Providers with HDD Storage.
- Advanced Caching Technology: Cloudways offers a variety of caching technologies including Memcached and Varnish, to cache your sites and improving the overall loading speed of a page.
- Caching Tools: For WordPress, Cloudways have their in-house Breeze Cache Plugin to improve the further performance of a website.
It also offers Advanced Varnish Implementation for Magento 2 to improve caching and asset loading performance of the website.
- HTTP/2: Cloudways servers are HTTP/2-enabled, which allows your website to be safer, faster, and better in search engine results as compared to other websites.
- Cloudways CDN: The Cloudways CDN caches your site and delivers it using the servers closest to your user. Cloudways utilizes one of the leaders in CDN Providers, Stackpath to deliver assets of your website.
- Bot Protection: Cloudways offers Bot Protection for every single website which can be easily enabled directly from your Application dashboard in order to protect the website from bots and spammers.
- Automated Backups: In addition to on-demand backups, you can easily configure the automated backups that can occur as frequently as every hour.
- SSL Certificates: SSL certificates are the most important thing to ensure the traffic coming to your website is safe and secure. Cloudways includes Free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificates in all its plans. You can install SSL on your website with a single click.
- Realtime Monitoring: Cloudways provide the 20/7 real-time monitoring of your server via Cloudways Console including more than 12 different metrics that you can rely on to improve your server’s performance.
- Always Online Firewall: Cloudways custom firewall allows you to keep out suspicious traffic and attackers away from your website. You can also whitelist your IP Address via SSH and SFTP.
Cloudways Uptime & Performance
As far as I’ve used Cloudways for about more than ten clients now, and I experienced that Cloudways really don’t have that much downtime in this year till now.
As you can see, it is more than 99.993% for the last 90 days and the 0.007% downtime in the website was caused by a failure in an update of Elementor Pro used on the website.
With all that being reviewed, I don’t think you will be still confused to choose web hosting for your website.
What Payment Methods are accepted by Cloudways?
Cloudways accepts all the major credit cards, such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Can I use PayPal with Cloudways?
Ofcourse you can use PayPal with Cloudways, but you’ll need to contact the support regarding this.
How many applications can I host on a Single Server?
Cloudways don’t have any limitations regarding the usage of applications and websites on a single server as long as the total allocated resources don’t exceed their limits.
What are the alternatives to Cloudways?
I don’t have a credit card. Can I still use Cloudways?
Yes. If you don’t have a credit card, you can contact the Cloudways Support to add funds to your account using PayPal.
Do you have any special offer for TechNext Readers?
Yes. We offer you a completely hassle-free installation and on Cloudways by experts when you use our affiliate link to purchase hosting on Cloudways. you’ll just need to fill this form after subscribing to Cloudways.
Hope you guys will like the post. For more updates, make sure you subscribe to our notifications. Also, follow us on Instagram @technextlive for the latest launches and product showcases.