After a recent update, Now Netflix let their users set up a PIN to profile in order to protect them from other people on your account accessing home screen and personalized experiences.
This new feature is added to Netflix as a part of updated parental control and prevents younger ones to view their parent’s profile and access mature content.
PIN protection can be used even when you just want to prevent someone else on your account — friends, family, your girlfriend, etc. — from messing with your Netflix viewing history.
HOW TO SET UP PIN PROTECTION?
- Sign into your Netflix account using a browser (account settings cannot be changed from Netflix App on phone or TV)
- Click on your profile photo at upper right corner, and choose “Account“
- Go down to “Profile & Parental Control” area
- Click expand the area by clicking arrow next to your profile icon
- Click on the “Change” option next to Profile Lock.
- Netflix will ask you for your password in order to make sure you’re the respective account owner.
- Now enter your chosen PIN
- Once your PIN is set, Netflix will ask for it whenever that profile is chosen at the welcome screen on your device including Phones, TVs.
Remember: Netflix will not ask PIN, if only your profile exists on that account.
Any profile on your Netflix account can have its own PIN, but only the person who owns that account can set it up for you.
Although, the person who owns the Netflix account can disable the PIN and profile lock for any profile on his account. Remember that, its a parental control tool after all.